Jen Taylor is the founder of Mocha Creative Works, based in Calgary, Alberta. She works with clients to navigate social media and manage their communities with a graceful hand. She has been published in print and online, nationally and internationally, and has worked in collaboration to help ghostwrite a nonfiction book. With over 100 articles published online, she knows how to turn content planning and words into stories that connect. She is known for being a positive and engaging communicator, and for her ability to connect with readers in a genuine way.
Her specialties include: freelance writing, community management, social media devouring, relationship building, and mildly obsessive editing.
- 2013 Family award from BrighterLife.ca – chosen as one of their favourite family writers for 2013
- Co-instigator and co-host for the weekly Ontario wine chat on Twitter: (#ONWineChat) bringing together wine enthusiasts, producers and industry experts to discuss and debate topics related to the production, selling and enjoyment of Ontario wine.
- Featured in 15 Amazing Moms to Follow on Pinterest by CanadianLiving.com, May 2013
- Appeared as a panelist at an event for Crave Calgary called “In a Relationship with my Blog” about the intersection of business, blogging and brand identity, Feb 2013
- Published in print: Today’s Parent special publication Joy of Parenting “Daytime Dreamland”, Nov 2012
- Featured in 24 Mom Blogs You Should Be Reading by YummyMummyClub.ca in May 2012
- Nominated for a Readers’ Choice Award on Canadian Family in 2012
- Featured in Canadian Family’s 2011 “18 Mom Bloggers We Love”
- Current and past work with brands includes such well-known names as Electrolux Canada, Fisher-Price, Walmart Canada, Kinder Canada, Hamilton Beach, Pottery Barn Kids, and more.
What are clients saying about Jen and Mocha Creative Works? Here’s a sampling:
“Jen is one of the best content creator/bloggers and social media influencers I have had the pleasure to work with. We retained her to be the in-house blogger for Electrolux Canada, where she single-handedly took both the content (in terms of quality) and the traffic (in terms of quality AND volume) to new levels. I would not hesitate an instant before hiring her again.”
~Mike Connell, digital strategist, Scratch & mikeconnell.ca
“We were incredibly blessed to have Jen contribute her many talents to EverythingMom Media Inc. Although her title reflected “Community Manager”, she dabbled in Everything! As an expert social media maven, Jen consistently engaged our community with genuine, uplifting communication. Her compelling voice often delivered both editorial content and sponsored client communication. Jen’s keen eye for detail kept our content squeaky clean of typos and grammatical errors. Jen is a gal who really can do it all!
I would highly recommend Jen for her passion, loyalty, dedication, and her can-do committed attitude that gets the job done well, the first time, on time. Above all, Jen brings her genuine and authentic self to everything she does and is well loved by all who know her.”
~Michelle Davies, Founder, EverythingMom Media Inc.
Please contact Jen by email any time at jen [at] mochacreativeworks [dot] com.
Thank you for visiting Mocha Creative Works!